Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Berties are Back!

I feel like we're a TV premier, or a boy band that's come out of retirement or...well that's all I've got.  We left you all high and dry after some crazy moments in our building process.  One might have thought my computer was stolen too!  I am so sorry it's taken us this long to come back with our latest post.  I've been asked so many times when I'm going to start blogging again - love that people are actually following :)   Let's just say life was beyond crazy with busy photography season and building a house while trying to manage a family all at the same time.  Have you ever had too many balls in the air and eventually you start dropping them but you try your damndest to keep the most important ones going?  Well that was my life for the past 2 months.  Now I'm as caught up as I can be so I'm here with an update!

After 2 months of living in a camper we are officially living in the...garage :\.  We can call it an upgrade as we now get to sleep in normal sized beds, we have a working oven (purchased from an auction), kitchen cabinets (purchased off of craigslist), a couch, carpet remanent and concrete floor for Jackson to ripstick on.  We also have our washer & dryer hooked up!  Peace out Laundry Mat!  We temped in our bathroom with a toilet - oh how nice it is to have a toilet that flushes and a shower that for about a month we used a hose to shower with - I know what all you ladies are thinking - CRAZY MRS. BERTIE SHOWERED WITH A HOSE?!?!  Yep, I did and let's just say I have a whole new appreciated for continuous water flow from a shower head.

So here's a panoramic pic of our current living conditions:



Lovely don't you think?  Yes, that is a picnic table as our dining set.

Here is an outside pic of the house from about 2 months ago -


For now this post is just a quick update, but I'll rewind and talk more about the steps it took to get to where we are today.  Tomorrow we get texture on our walls and will start painting and even laying tile in the bathroom that we currently use.   We also chose the worst time of year to start siding our house.  This morning when we went to work it was 1 degree...1 degree...yes, 1 degree and it sucked.  Mr. Bertie is a work horse though so we went outside, nailed a few on, came inside to warm up and then back out again.  We still have a ways to go but I'm going to say it out loud...we are hoping to be done by the end of February.  I sure hope we can make it happen, but it's going to take a lot of hard work, persistence, and of course money.  We'll talk budget next time if that's ok with you - I've got some catching up to do with it.

Wishing you all a blessed Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. You have made great progress. I hope you make your deadline / goal.

    ReplyDelete