Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Walls need love too!

I must admit that if you came to my house you might wonder, "where is everything?"  I like to call it "simple."  The less there is, the less there is to dust :)  But the Shiplap Wall needed a little love so what better way than to create a wall display from the beautiful pictures Stacy Kron Photography took of our family this past summer.

I'm normally one to do a canvas display but thought I'd try something a little different this year.  I love laths.  Yes, laths!  I used laths on our accent wall in our Master Bedroom as well as the desk I built for the studio.  They add a unique accent to any room and are easy to work with.  I also like the idea of layering frames.  So I put together 5 lath frames, bought 2 matte gold frames as well as 2 matte gold knobs, tied some twine to the frames and hooked them on the knobs and woo-lah!  The wall is no longer bare and I finally have our family pictures up!  2 birds, 1 stone baby!

You'll also notice that I gave our piano a face lift :)  That tutorial is for another day!


























No comments:

Post a Comment